Choosing the right interior designer who can assist you in redesigning your workspace according to your taste and aesthetics is a big task. SQFT Space Design Management is an interior design firm in Malaysia that can help you achieve any style with a wide range of trends. It is essential to consult a professional when designing your internal space. However, with many competent interior designers residing all across Malaysia, especially in Kuala Lumpur. Which is why choosing the right one can be a tedious job. Our interior designer in Kuala Lumpur can make your vision come to life by transforming your place into an epitome of class and elegance.
This blog will explain some of the methods and tips you need to consider when finding an interior designer.
When searching for an interior designer in Malaysia, the first thing you need to work on is your style and inspiration. You should have a clear-cut vision of what you want in terms of design and services. You can consult various online magazines and websites to seek some fantastic inspirations that spark your interest. Pinterest has proven extremely helpful for people in getting the best interior design. You can search for some inspirational images that suit your style and personality. Try to create a Pinterest board of your favourites and show the interior designer as much as possible in the first meetup.
Discuss the Budget with Your Interior Designer
Before you even think about talking to interior designers, set your budget. It’s essential to find common ground with your designer. You need to be honest and clear about your budget and expenses so are sure to hire the candidate perfect for the job. Don’t hesitate to finalize the cost beforehand. Discuss the budget, and if the designer is willing to work, then carry on.
Have a Meeting with Your Designer
After you’ve narrowed down your selections:
- Have a face-to-face meeting with your interior designer.
- Make a list of things that you need to discuss and get all your queries answered. You can also ask for references.
- Don’t be shy about getting feedback and recommendations from their previous clients.
You will be spending the primary time of your day with your interior designers, so establishing a healthy and friendly atmosphere is advisable. Do some prior research about their education, work experience, completed projects, people they have worked with, etc.
18 Questions to Ask an Interior Designer
- Why do you want to be part of this project?
- What design services do you offer?
- What are your favourite colours to play within your projects?
- Where do you find motivation and inspiration?
- Which methods do you follow to stay organized?
- Does my budget match my vision?
- Is there any style that you don’t prefer working on?
- How long would you expect the project to be finished?
- What are your charges and fee structure?
- How do you handle a project? What’s your project management style?
- Do you welcome client involvement or not?
- What will be the expected timeframe?
- Are you comfortable working with pets/ children etc.?
- Is your design environment friendly or not?
- What’s your favourite project of all time, and why?
- How do you communicate and resolve problems during the project?
- How do you keep track of payments and refunds?
- Can I have a client reference?
SQFT Space Design Management has made choosing an interior designer in Kuala Lumpur easy for you. Our talented and qualified team provides various services for the best interior designs keeping customer satisfaction our topmost priority.
Feel free to contact us. We’re always here to assist you in designing your space!